Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing's Sacred

Nothing's Sacred is comedy by Lewis Black - an American stand-up comic. I don't really have much to say about it, other than I didn't like it much. I'm very particular about comedians, because too many of them use profanity that I don't think is needed. That sounds like I'm against profanity, which I'm totally not, I just don't like it used where I don't think it belongs.

So although I agreed with his ideas in general, I just didn't like his style. Too crude for me. Although I did enjoy his comment about finally seeing the end of the world - a place where there's a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks. That was funny. :-)

I listened to this on audio and I loved his voice - maybe he reads other people's stuff? If not then he should! :-)

To give you an idea of what I do like, Eddie Izzard is by far my favorite stand-up comedian. By far.

Challenges: 999 Challenge, A-Z Challenge, Audiobook challenge, Countdown Challenge, In their shoes, Jewish Literature Challenge

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

I love Lewis Black, but he is definitely over the top in the "crude" department. I don't usually enjoy that either, but there is something about his delivery that cracks me up. :-) Oh, well. At least you gave him a try! My favorite comedian is still Bill Cosby.

Lezlie

joanna said...

I LOVE Bill Cosby! :-) I guess I never think of him as a comedian, more as an actor so I forgot to mention him...

Ana S. said...

It's too bad the book was disappointing. But yes, Izzard is good :)

raidergirl3 said...

I find Lewis Black hilarious. I keep thinking his head is going ot blow off, he gets so worked up. I like watching him on The Daily Show. He's definitely cable comedy with the language.

joanna said...

Nymeth - you can't love them all! :-)

Raidergirl - he might be funnier on tv - perhaps seeing him get into it is part of the experience.