Friday, November 18, 2011

Wish me Dead by Helen Grant

The first book I read by Helen Grant was The Vanishing of Katharina Linden and I loved it. I was so glad I did, because I'd never heard of it before buying it. I only got it because it was featured at my local bookstore as Helen Grant is a local author. Since I live in Belgium and don't read in French or Flemish, I was pretty excited about the whole local author thing. 

Now, having read Wish Me Dead, I can safely put Helen Grant on my favorite authors list. The combination of young adult lit, mystery, creepiness and folklore is right up my alley. And the Bad M√ľnstereifel setting is wonderful.

Wish Me Dead is the story of Steffi and her friends, who come across a local myth about a witch and decide to see if there is any truth in it. Strange things start happening and people start dying - is it possible that just wishing something to happen is making it come true?

Chilling and entertaining, a great read. If you haven't discovered this author yet, you're missing out!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll surely be adding this to my TBR list!

Kailana said...

Sounds like an author worth checking out...

Esme said...

Joanna, I just received my books today-they are absolutely delicious. Thank you so much. I used Clotilde's other book, when I was last in Paris-with all her food suggestions. I can hardly wait to read this one. Also thank you for Plenty. The recipes look fantastic. You are going to laugh there is more than one cook-book named Plenty and last week I received one from a different author. Your gifts are very kind and thoughtful. I was in Belgium a year ago-I went to Brugges and had quite the delightful time. The chocolate was quite amazing.

Merry Christmas, Joyeaux Noel

Esme