Thursday, December 8, 2011

Eat. Live. Be.

Eat. Live. Be. is an initiative started by Cate and Sarah to help them focus on their health goals and to help them create healthy habits. The initiative took place on their blogs and had lots of other participants too. So many women aren't where they want to be health-wise!

This time around they are also joined by Joanne and Patsy, two bloggers that I am looking forward to getting to know.

I've been keeping an eye on the Eat. Live. Be. Facebook page and saw that they're re-booting this week. Which is perfect for me, because the issue of health has been on my mind all year and - although I've accomplished a lot in terms of being conscious of what's going on between me and food, me and excercise and me and healthy habits - now it's time for action.

Eat. Live. Be posts will be published on Wednesdays and will focus on inspiration and motivation. Today is Thursday so I am already late, but I wanted to see everyone else's posts first, to be honest.

It makes sense that a first post like this one should contain a list of goals, so here are mine:
  • eat only what I feel like having, when I feel like having it
  • include protein in each meal
  • drink more water
  • drink less wine (!)
  • sleep more
  • excercise when I can, but don't obsess if I can't
I originally had 'lose 10 kilos' as my first goal but in the end I decided that should be the result of all these other habits I'm hoping to form. Losing weight has been mo goal for so long that it sounds ridiculous to me now.

This week's inspiration is supposed to come from a magazine and I wasn't sure what to talk about until I remembered the wonderful Christmas gift I received from my husband's daughter - a year's subscription to BBC Good Food magazine, which I love. The magazine has loads of wonderful ideas and I always think that if I cooked more of our food from there or similar sources, my whole family would end up healthier. So I'm sure that the magazine will be my inspiration all year long. If you don't get the magazine, visit the website, where inspiration is hard to miss!

7 comments:

Cate said...

So happy that you're joining in on the Eat.Live.Be journey with us ... can't wait to hear how you do!

Cate said...

So happy that you're joining in on the Eat.Live.Be journey with us ... can't wait to hear how you do!

Patsyk said...

really happy you are joining us, too! I'll be checking back to see how you are doing, and I hope we can share tips and suggestions on how to stay focused!

Sarah Caron said...

I love your goals. They are all so obtainable and will have such a great impact on your life. Looking forward to reading your posts.Welcome to the ELB crew!

Alex (The Sleepless Reader) said...

I think out traditional thai roles are a great inspiration and example: they're sooo good, both of us think bout and crave them. And yet, they're so healthy!

Joanne said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're joining us!

I love that you're focusing on the healthy living more than the weight loss. One really should follow from the other!

joanna said...

Cate - Thanks, I'm excited about it!

Patsyk - yes, that elusive focus... that's why I love community support like this event.

Sarah - Thanks! They sound so simple but are not that easy to obtain...

Alex - Yes! The thai rolls are a perfect example!

Joanne - I'm just tired of being a slave to calories and the scale... We'll see if this approach works any better!