Tuesday, April 29, 2008

342,745 Ways to Herd Cats


What a fabulous name for a challenge! And the challenge itself is also pretty cool! Can't ask for more than that eh? ;-)

Renee is hosting the 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats challenge. It runs from May 1st to November 30th and requires me to make another list. Yay! :-) The list is to be of 10 books that I love - each participant will make such a list, the lists themselves are listed here and Renee is making a master list of the books we love as well. Can't wait to tuck into those other recommendations!

Oh yeah, and the challenge itself is to read 3 books recommended by others. OK! :-)

Here are ten books that I absolutely love:

1. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
3. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
5. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
6. The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
7. The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
8. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
9. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
10. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Hope you read the ones you haven't yet and that you enjoy them!

6 comments:

Alix said...

These are all books I loved especially Little Women and The Time Travellers wife and of course Cloud Atlas :) The only one I haven't read is Practical magic so I may have to give that a try.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I also especially loved The Time Traveller's Wife, Ya-Ya Sisterhood and Little Women!

joanna said...

Alix - Practical Magic is so good, a million times better than the movie!

thewrittenword - it's nice to see what favorite reads one has in common with other bloggers!

Unknown said...

Little Women is the first "real" book I remember reading. It's still one of my very favorites. I liked Life of Pi and The Time Traveler's Wife, too. I'll be adding Cloud Atlas and Curious Incident to my (ever growing) list of books to read. Thanks for the list! It's a good one!

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Hooray, I love Anne of Green Gables, too!!

joanna said...

rachael - it was my first 'real' book too! My teacher gave it to me to lure me away from Sweet Valley. :-) And I hope you enjoy the two books you added!

tinylittlelibrarian - she's wonderful indeed!