Thursday, May 22, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Books vs Movies

Considering that my blog is meant to be about both books and movies, I thought this week would be a good time to join in with Booking Through Thursday again. The question is:

Books and films both tell stories, but what we want from a book can be different from what we want from a movie. Is this true for you? If so, what’s the difference between a book and a movie?

I want both books and movies to entertain me and/or to make me think. Depends on my mood. :-) No matter what mood I'm in though, I love when books and movies involve me in such a way that I lose myself in the story they're telling and nothing else exists.

I suppose it boils down to emotion - I expect both the words of a book and the images of a movie to convey emotion so that I can feel it too. I think directing a movie is just as much of an art form as writing is. You can definitely spot the good directors out there.

I must admit that these days the movies I tend to watch are light - so at the moment I expect books to make me think, but I expect movies to only entertain me and help me forget about the day's troubles. I'm avoiding the more serious movies for now!

1 comment:

pussreboots said...

I think the books I read are lighter weight than the films I watch. Happy BTT.