Saturday, September 19, 2009

A book and an update

The book first, though quickly. I needed a book for the Every Month is a Holiday Challenge and since September 30 is Botswana's national day, I read the fourth book in Alexander McCall Smith's No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, The Kalahari Typing School for Men. I love this whole series - the writing, the characters, the descriptions of daily life in Botswana... everything. They are all short and sweet and charming. This particular one is no exception - if you need something light and uplifting to read, I definitely recommend the entire series.

Challenges: 999 Challenge, Every Month is a Holiday Challenge

And my news. I had my 21-week scan this week and we found out that we're having a boy! I'm spending some time thinking about my future life as Mom to a little boy... it takes some getting used to, I was convinced I was having a girl. I'm thrilled to bits about this news though and so very excited. I can't wait till he's actually here!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I have two boys - they are so lively, but so loving. Good luck with it all!

Lezlie said...

Congratulations, Joanna!! I'm so happy for you!! I always thought if I had ever had kids, I would have wanted boys.

And double congratulations, because you won one of the copies of The Devil's Queen! :-) Email me your address and I'll get that out to you right away.

Lezlie

Kailana said...

Congrats to you!

joanna said...

farmlanebooks - thanks, that's what I hear!

Lezlie - thanks! And wow, I never win anything, I'm thrilled!!!

Kailana - thank you!

Mari said...

Congrats!

Ana S. said...

I'm sure your boy will be wonderful, Joanna :D Congratulations!

joanna said...

Mari - thanks!

Nymeth - there's no doubt about that!! :-)

Iliana said...

So excited for you! I bet you can't wait to start reading your wee one some bedtime stories :)

And, yep, the Precious books are such nice cozy reads. I've fallen a bit behind on the series (I think I'm too books behind) so I need to catch up!

joanna said...

Iliana - to be honest, I'm a little freaked out because I read more girl stuff than boy stuff so I hope I manage to find nice boy books when the time comes! For now there are plenty of books he can chew rather than read on sale. ha ha :-)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Congrats Joanna! Boys are so much fun!

joanna said...

Thanks Trish, I certainly hope so! :-)