Thursday, September 10, 2009

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril…IV

I'm a tad late signing up for Carl's R.I.P. IV challenge, but who cares, right?

The challenge is to read from the following genres until 31 October, scary Halloween...

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

So getting into the mood of the season, here are my possibilities... I'm aiming for Peril the First or Second, depends how many books I can realistically get through while reading for other challenges too!

Check out Carl's original post for more details and visit the review site to see what everyone else is reading.

Completed: ALL 4/2-4 as of 31 October 2009 (read my wrap-up post here)

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Linqvist
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
No Time for Goodbye by Lynwood Barclay
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, volume 1 by Joss Whedon et al.
Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts

8 comments:

Ana S. said...

yay Fingersmith :D

Carl V. Anderson said...

Just the tiniest tad, there is still a lot of challenge reading time to go! I'm glad you joined in and think you have a thrilling list of potential reads there. I will be reading The Historian sometime in Oct. as well for the challenge.

Thanks for coming along for the fun!

Iliana said...

Yay, you joined! Hope you enjoy your books. I've only read Name of the Rose from your list and that's a wonderful book.

raidergirl3 said...

Fingersmith is excellent for this challenge, and the Barclay will be very suspenseful. Have a great time!

joanna said...

Nymeth - I knew you'd say that. :-)

Carl - I've been meaning to read it for ages and when I saw it on your list I had to add it to mine. Credit's all yours. :-)

Iliana - it intimidates me!!

raidergirl - yes, it was you who reminded me of the Barclay, I'm sure it'll be good.

joanna said...

Samantha - thanks for the heads up!

Kailana - thanks! :-)

Amanda said...

Better late than never! Oh and you've got a great TBR list!

joanna said...

Thanks Amanda!