Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Five People You Meet in Heaven

I avoided this Mitch Alborn book for years because it had received too much hype and I didn't think it could measure up. I only decided to read it when my good friend Natacha said that it was her favorite... with a recommendation like that, how could I not try it?

I'm reviewing books that I read months ago now so I won't be giving too much detail, but suffice it to say that I absolutely loved it. The feeling of happiness I had when I finished it was amazing. I loved the idea - that after you die you meet people who somehow made a difference in your life, even though you may not have even noticed them, and they teach you somethings about yourself and the way you lived. Wow.

I loved the writing and style too - short, punchy and always held my interest. Which isn't that easy with a newborn in the house!

Anyway, if you missed this one when it came out like I did, read it now, it's so good!

Challenges: 2010 Countdown Challenge

3 comments:

anothercookiecrumbles said...

I loved this book as well - there's something about Albom's writing. Glad you enjoyed it.

If you haven't already, please read Tuesdays with Morrie by him. It's one of the best books I've read.

Trish said...

I'm not a huge Mitch Albom fan but I do love this book as well. It's been years since I've read it but I remember being so moved. Maybe time for a re-read?

joanna said...

anothercookie - I have Tuesdays with Morrie, I'll read it soon, since you say it's so good!

Trish - definitely one to re-read, I think. I borrowed it and I will definitely be getting a copy of my own.