Sunday, January 9, 2011

January Foodie Challenge: Whip up something new!

There are still a couple of weeks left in January so we're starting right away! I'll be your host this month. :-)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go here.

Otherwise -

Get out those piles of un-filed recipes, look through your binders or your cookbooks and start cooking! Make at least one new dish in what's left of January and add your link below - each new recipe must have a separate post and a separate link. Make sure you're linking to the specific post(s) and not to your blog in general, I will be deleting links that don't follow this (sorry, but otherwise we won't be able to find your post!). Leave the name of your dish in brackets after your name.

Deadline for adding links - Monday January 31.

Don't forget to also add your recipe to Weekend Cooking, a weekly event hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Hey, what a great place to find even more recipes to clip and put in your to-be-tried pile! :-)

Have fun - I'll post a January round-up of submitted recipes on February 1.

P.S. If someone can make a button, that would be great!

15 comments:

Beth F said...

I am going to be following these recipes closely. I love discovering new recipes!

Alex (The Sleepless Reader) said...

Joanna: I'm in, but would like to make a recipe that's related to books.

I've recently read a post somehwere with recipes that have an author's name in its title, have to dig that up!

elise said...

Just linked to my first post for the month!

joanna said...

Beth - me too!

Alex - that would be great, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Elise - your banana cake looks awesome! A great first entry! :-)

Michelle said...

Just linked to my first recipe! Thanks for hosting!

Beth F said...

I put a note about this challenge on my Weekend Cooking post this week. I totally forgot until after I had already posted. I'll give it a bit more press time next week.

joanna said...

Michelle - great!!

Beth - wonderful, thank you!

elise said...

Posted again! And I keep thinking about the next thing I am going to make. This challenge is right up my alley.

JoAnn said...

I tried a new recipe for Butternut Squash Soup and added a link to my post. Thanks for hosting!

Bev Sykes said...

I found this blog/challenge the day I decided to start making new recipes with my crock pot, so have posted my first one here.

Anonymous said...

I'd better hurry, January is going waaaay to fast! ;)

joanna said...

Elise - It's fun isn't it? I just posted again too - I made your banana cake and it was fabulous!!

JoAnn - Mmmm, I love butternut squash. So versatile!

Bev - I've always been curious about crockpots, I'll be sure to check out your post!

gnoegnoe - no kidding! Better get cooking! :-)

elise said...

And maybe I added one more for the month...

joanna said...

Elise - you're really on a roll, eh? :-)

Uniflame said...

Sorry for posting twice in a row. I happen to be in an experimental mood this week :)