Friday, October 14, 2011

Better Late Than Never - R.I.P. VI Challenge


I meant to join this amazing blogging event when Carl first announced it, but it kept slipping into the future and then I figured I was too late. Until I read Iliana's post, she's just joining now too! :-)

So here we go again, I'm signing up for the R.I.P. VI Challenge - and I'm so happy to be doing so, I've never missed a year since I started blogging.

The R.I.P. Challenge is all about reading creepy, mysterious, scary books through September and October. The challenge appropriately ends on October 31. There are many levels so that anyone can take part, no matter how much time to read they have.

I'm doing Peril the First, which requires four books and I'm already on my fourth book that qualifies since the beginning of September. :-) Here are my choices:

Completed: 3/4 by 31 October 2011

The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

5 comments:

Erin said...

Hmm, joining a challenge after you've mostly met its requirements...maybe if I did that, I'd actually finish a challenge now and then! ;-)

I always thought I wouldn't like the books that qualify for the RIP challenge, since I really don't like scary books. I've read a few recently, though, that would probably count, and I've actually enjoyed them! Maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

Better late than never! I am having so much fun with this challenge.

Kailana said...

Glad to see you joining in!

Amanda said...

Woohoo!! Great choices too! Have fun :)

Ana S. said...

It's never too late! Enjoy your picks :)