Monday, July 23, 2012

Moving On


When I first started this blog, it was called Lost in a Good Story. I started a recipe blog called Lost in the Kitchen at the same time. I thought this was very clever and had visions of book deals and fame. This is very indicative of where I was in my life at that time – I felt lost, without purpose, I wasn't sure what I wanted my life to look like, and I needed to feel important. The blog(s) gave me a huge sense of purpose and a huge sense of accomplishment. Just watching my list of books grow gave my pleasure.
I eventually gave up on the recipe blog and became comfortable at my book blog. I renamed it It's All About Me, because it symbolised what I was doing for myself, something that was only mine.
The blogging experience DID make me feel important, though not in the way I thought I wanted. No one offered me a book deal, but I learned that my voice mattered and that people were interested in what I had to say. This was a crucial discovery and I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't started blogging.
Lately, as whoever still reads this must have noticed, I haven't been blogging any more. This is because I haven't been sure what I wanted to say. Blogging about books wasn't doing it for me anymore, but I didn't want to leave the book blogging community. I felt that my blog should have a focus but I couldn't decide what that should be.
In real life, I decided to leave the communication field I have been working in for over ten years and to move into learning, development, training and coaching. My blogging will follow this path.
This blog has now served its purpose and it is time for me to move on. I am thankful for everything that it brought me and I am thankful to all of you who visited and commented.
I will continue blogging - about all sorts of topics, books included - at my new home, Create Your World
I hope that at least some of you will follow me there.

15 comments:

Patty said...

Our lives are not supposed to remain static - the difficulty, however, is to realise what the next step should be... All the best in the new chapter in your life that will be reflected in your blog!

Larissa said...

This new path already promises to be great. I'll be very happy to follow you on your new blog!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

You know that I completely understand and I hope that this move brings you the peace and happiness. There's just something about trying to refigure an existing blog that is so tough--it too my moving to really feel comfortable and at home in blogging. I can't WAIT to see the changes! :)

Hugs.

Alex (The Sleepless Reader) said...

I look forward to what is to come!

Christine said...

Aww, very eloquently put. It can be difficult at times to come up with something to say. Sometimes, you're just not feeling it, and unfortunately as well as fortunately, blogging is your online diary there for the world to see and critique. I completely understand not wanting to write when you don't feel you have the right words to express yourself that day. Good luck in all of your new ventures and may the blogging force be with you! ...lol...so cheesy. Good luck. ;)

Feel free to check out my book blog as well and one of our newest lists! :)

TheBestBooksOf.com
The Best Books of 2013

Unknown said...

Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. This is really a great blog Bridal saree

Unknown said...

Great stuff man Keep it up. Underrated Books

Anonymous said...

This book is really a good book which shows us right path. but i read
one more book named "ONE BOOK FOR LIFE SUCCESS" which is truly
motivational and life changing . .The writer has described in Plain
English with lot of examples which is easy to understand...For More
Please watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biORjS8ngv0
YouTube video
[1]

A truly motivational and life changing book

erjn said...

i found your blog from a blog directory and it is very nice. you can also check my blog about dystopian fiction books. you can visit http://dystopianhub.blogspot.com

Unknown said...


A truly motivational and life changing book
me: A truly motivational and life changing book
This book is really a good book which shows us right path. but i read
one more book named "ONE BOOK FOR LIFE SUCCESS" which is truly
motivational and life changing . .The writer has described in Plain
English with lot of examples which is easy to understand...For More
Please watch the videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biORjS8ng

Barbara said...

OMG! i love your blog, it's amazing <3

PLEASE check out my blog, it’s also about books,I just recently started :D
http://thebookhunter101.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...


Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

Unknown said...

https://www.biographybooks.net

Ane Williams said...

Your blog is great read without any doubt.And the story you have posted is fascinating. Will love to read more blog posts from you. Also, in the meanwhile if you would like to read some bestselling books, visit my online section of books at Books2Door.

Unknown said...

🔥❤️👍