Sunday, October 10, 2010

Read-a-thon - Final Update!

That's it, it's over! I have to admit that I wasn't as productive a reader this morning as I was last night... I woke up with lots of chores in my head and I wasn't able to sit still for any amount of time... Still, I managed to get more of Mockingjay read, I'm on the last part now. I want to finish and know what happens, but I don't want the series to end. Does that make sense?


Title of book(s) read since last update: Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Number of books read since you started: three finished - Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan, A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen, The Borden Tragedy by Rick Geary and two started - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Pages read since last update: 80


Running total of pages read since you started: 562
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 90 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 8 hours 10 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: the Hour 1 memeBack-in-the-Day Children's Book Mini-ChallengeShow me the books, Armchair Traveller Mini-Challenge, Banned Books Mini-Challenge, Favorite Sidekick Challenge
Other participants you’ve visited: none during the last couple hours
Prize you’ve won: none


And the end-of-event meme:


1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I was getting very tired around hour 8 or 9. But I think I'm on the perfect timezone because it was 10pm in Belgium so I could just go to sleep as usual and wake up Sunday morning for more reading!


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Mockingjay was a fabulous read-a-thon choice, I would think that the entire Hunger Games series would work very well!


3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None, everything was great!


4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything! :-)


5. How many books did you read? I finished 3 and started 2 more


6. What were the names of the books you read? three finished - Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan, A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen, The Borden Tragedy by Rick Geary and two started - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder


7. Which book did you enjoy most? Mockingjay!!!!


8. Which did you enjoy least? Little House on the Prairie was good in the sense that I need something simple, but it's not like it's riveting :-)


9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? No advice, but if you haven't tried it you should, it's great!10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? If I can get Joe to take Baby away again, I'd love to do this again in April, as both a cheerleader and a reader.

Bring on April! :-)

4 comments:

Marieke said...

Well done! You got a lot of reading done! I ended up getting distracted way too much, but it was fun anyway.

Anonymous said...

Great job! It was nice to put everything aside yesterday and read, but like you, I am consumed today with everything that needs to be done!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I had so much fun cheering you on Joanna! I'm so glad you were able to participate. I probably won't be able to read in April but I hope to cheer again! As you say--Bring it on! :D

joanna said...

Marieke - I got distracted a lot too, I was too curious about what everyone else was doing!

reviewsbylola - Ah, but it was certainly worth it! :-)

Trish - It was so fun to participate with you! I had a great time!