Wednesday, January 11, 2012

European Reading Challenge


Rose from Rose City Reader is hosting a European Reading Challenge. One of my goals for this year is to branch out in my reading and I always mean to read more non-Anglophone authors and about European settings so I'm signing up.

Visit the challenge post for the details, I'm choosing to sign up for 5 books set in different European countries or by European authors.

My possibilities are below.

Completed: 0/5 as of 11 January 2012

France - The Lovers by Alice Ferney
Ireland - The Likeness by Tana French
Italy - Ocean Sea by Alessandro Baricco
Poland - ?
Sweden - April Witch by Majgull Axelsson
United Kingdom - The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff


4 comments:

Patty said...

I'm intrigued - that could help me towards my goal of reading in other languagues as well...

cessie said...

I joined the European Reading Challenge as well and I'm browsing a little through the participant's list. I'm so interested in what everyone is reading for the challenge! And you already choose books! So good!
I don't know any of your choices so I'm looking forward to learn more from you. Will come back :)

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Thanks for signing up! You book choices look great -- I look forward to seeing what other books you pick.

Rose City Reader

joanna said...

Ataleofthreecities - wow, that's brave, I'm way too lazy! :-)

from one experience - I love making lists so that's why I pre-chose books... who knows what I'll end up reading though!

Rose City Reader - thanks, I'm looking forward to my books!