Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge


Isn't this button great? How could I not join this? :-) Annie from Reading, Writing and Ranting is hosting this Historical Fiction Reading Challenge and since I only had to add a couple of books to my list to do it, I decided to take the plunge.

Annie says - There is only one rule:
1) You must commit to reading 6 historical novels over 6 months.

So... between 1 April and 1 October, I plan to read six of the following:

Completed: All as of 8 September 2008 - read my wrap-up post here

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
The American Boy by Andrew Taylor
Witch Child by Celia Rees
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Two of those are extra-chunky so we'll see if I end up substituting something else!

No comments: