Friday, May 29, 2009

Some Polish reading

I really have to force myself to read in Polish. It just doesn't come naturally. I think this is very sad, since I am Polish, but that's how it turned out. I did all my schooling in English so Polish suffered. This blogging thing encourages me to set goals though and Polish reading is one of them.

I took advantage of the Childhood Favorites Challenge to squeeze in a couple more books in Polish. I re-read a book of poetry for children (Brzechwa Dzieciom by Jan Brzechwa) and a YA book (Szosta Klepka by Malgorzata Musierowicz).

The poetry one was really fun to re-read as I didn't realise that many phrases from the poems entered into normal everyday language! I'd be reading and I'd think to myself 'Oh, I didn't know this phrase came from here!'.

The YA book is by an author that I adored when I was 12 or so. It was easy to read and is part of a series so I'll continue with that.

I won't tell you about the plot, firstly because it's one of those books about the life of a teen where nothing really happens and secondly because it's not translated into English anyway! :-)

Challenges: 999 Challenge, Childhood Favorites Challenge

No comments: