Saturday, August 15, 2009

Undead and Unemployed

Undead and Unemployed is the second book in MaryJanice Davidson's series about Betsy, the vampire queen. I read pretty much the entire thing during my long train ride to the South of France and it was great entertainment!

I loved the first book, Undead and Unwed, and was very curious about Betsy's further adventures. She becomes a vampire kinda by chance and then becomes Queen also kind of by accident. And she can't admit that she's actually attracted to her King. Oh and she's sassy. And she loves shoes. And her friends. Think of it as Buffy meets Sex and the City. :-)

If you're looking for some light, fun reading I can totally recommend this vampire chick lit series. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book!

Challenges: 2nds Challenge, A-Z Challenge, 999 Challenge, Celebrate the Author, Chick Lit 2

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I have to laugh at all these vampire books. Where did they come from? Sounds cute, but I just started Eclispe so I'll be vampired out for a while.

joanna said...

This is nothing like Stephanie Meyer's books, not dark at all. Just chick lit and the main character just happens to be queen of the vampires. :-)

Lydia said...

This sounds perfect for me. I am putting it on my Amazon wish list. Also, I would love to get some advice from you about IVF in Belgium. I have a gmail account under the name of twicemice.com.

joanna said...

Lydia - hope you enjoy the series! And I'll mail you about the ivf.