Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fables, volume 2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham

Since Nymeth convinced me that graphic novels were worth reading, I've discovered so many great stories. The Fables series is one of these great finds, a series of comics about the fable community in New York. You see, all the fairy tale characters had to move there when their lands were taken by an unnamed enemy. Good stuff.

I read the first volume last year and was hooked. This collection focuses more on the farm nearby New York City, where the fables that cannot pass as human live. There has been some unrest in their community, some of the fables feel trapped and like second-class citizens because they can't live out in the open.

Great story, beautiful artwork. I'm really learning to appreciate this genre more and more. :-)

Challenges: Graphic Novels Challenge, 2010 Countdown Challenge

3 comments:

Melody said...

Yay! I'm glad you're now hooked to graphic novels! :D

Ana S. said...

I'm so glad you're learning to appreciate the medium :) Enjoy the rest of Fables!

joanna said...

Melody - me too! :-)

Nymeth - I'm sure I will!