Monday, July 12, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I loved, loved, loved this book! I'm very happy indeed that it's the first in a series of many and that I get to spend quite a bit of time with Percy Jackson.

Percy appears to be a normal boy, he goes to a regular school (although he gets kicked out a lot), he plays basketball, he loves his Mom. He accidentaly vaporises his math teacher and it becomes obvious to everyone that he's more than just a boy. In this first book, Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks that Percy stole his lightning bolt. Great stuff. I can't wait to read the next one in the series, it's on it's way already.

If you like Harry Potter, Neil Gaiman and myths and legends, you'll love this! And The Sunday Times apparently said 'It's Buffy meets Artemis Fowl'. How can you lose with that?

Challenges: 2010 Countdown Challenge

2 comments:

Tasha said...

This is such a fun series. I'm about 200 pages into the first book of his next series, The Kane Chronicles, and I'm liking that one too, although it's taking me a bit of time to get used to having two narrators.

joanna said...

Charley - I haven't heard anything about that series but I'll be sure to check it out when I'm done with Percy. The two narrator thing sounds intriguing.