Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The American Boy

Unfortunately, I had to give up on Andrew Taylor's The American Boy, an audiobook I'd been listening to while on the treadmill at the gym. It was getting so incredibly slow that it made me avoid the gym. And we can't have that.

I've tried reading other book in this style - this London of the 19th century dark novel style. I haven't liked them either, I just find that this type of story really drags. The reviews seem to all be good so maybe this was just better suited to reading than listening, I don't know. All I do know is that I really wanted to finish it, but only got half way. I now started listening to Bill Bryson's The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid and my love of the treadmill has suddenly returned. Life's too short to read/listen to things I'm not enjoying!

Have you read this? What did you think?

No comments: