- Work is annoying me. I'm responsible for a project that nobody is happy with. I have to make a lot of compromises and in the end no one is satisfied. It's stressing me out.
- I'm rehearsing for The Threepenny Opera by Kurt Weill and Bertold Brecht - the show is really cool, but rehearsals are just too consuming at the moment, it's too much pressure!
- I didn't even get a chance to do a wrap-up post for the read-a-thon, in which I participated rather casually, but still. It would have been nice to re-cap and link up.
This is making me happy:
- We're going to Poland on Saturday and staying for a week - yay, no work, no rehearsals, and two grandparents eager to look after Baby S. I can't wait.
- I just had the yummiest ever falafel wrap. I discovered a fabulous Lebanese around my workplace and I'm there all the time now.
- We're about 600 people working in the same building and some colleagues organised a book swap table. You put books you want to swap and take whatever you want in return. Today, I found what I think is a real gem - Can Any Mother Help Me? by Jenna Bailey. It's based on a collection of letters/articles written by a group of women, housewives, in the 1930s and 1940s, basically about their lives. It seems to be a fascinating piece of social history.
- I subscribe to audible.co.uk and recently got The Journey Into Yourself by Eckhart Tolle, which is not a book but a retreat. Tolle is famous for preaching focussing on the now rather than dwelling on past event or wishing your life away waiting for the future. It really relaxes me. And it's both enlightening and funny. So far, of course, I only just started listening a few days ago.
How's your week going?