Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yay, the Read-a-thon is here!



Dewey's read-a-thon is now an institution in our blogging world. It's here again now and I'm ready! I can't participate for the full one this time, only the first half or so, but hey, it's better than nothing.

This is the pile I'll be reading from:


It's a beautiful day today and it would be a real shame not to get out there, so I'll be going for a walk and hopefully finishing the audio version of Rebecca Stead's When You Reach Me as well. I'm on the last chapter and can't wait to find out what's going on!

I'll be checking in once in a while, so see you later. Enjoy the read-a-thon if you're participating too!

(edited to add this intro meme)


1)Where are you reading from today? I'm reading from my home in Tervuren, Belgium. Very close to Brussels.


2)Three random facts about me…
I got married a month ago.
I bought a pair of red cowboy boots a few days ago.
I grew up in Flushing, Queens, New York.


3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Five real books and the ending of an audiobook.


4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Nope, no goals, just want to enjoy a day more-or-less to myself. My husband's daughter is visiting and they took the baby out for most of the day. Time for me, yay!

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Don't miss out on the blogging aspect, the community fun is amazing!

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah! ;)

Great books, Joanna. And enjoy the day. I've been looking forward to today for months!

joanna said...

Hi Trish, you too! :-)

Hannah Marie said...

Good luck on your reading! Your reading pile looks great. I loved the first Stephanie Plum novel. What a great addition to your readathon books! Good luck and good reading!

christina said...

Red cowboy boots = awesome!

Enjoy your reads.