Monday, June 30, 2008

Book Awards II Challenge

When I started blogging at the beginning of this year, I was sad to learn that I could no longer join some of the challenges and the Book Awards one was one of them. So here I am, very happy that 3M decided to host the Book Awards II Challenge. The challenge runs from 1 August 2008 to 1 June 2009 and requires us to read 10 books that won at least 5 different awards. I'm crazy so I'm trying not to duplicate awards!
Completed: 1/10 as of 8 September 2008

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Hugo)
The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Pulitzer)
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (Prix Renaudot)
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff (Printz)
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly (Alex)
The Gathering by Anne Enright (Man Booker)
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (Orange)
Dune by Frank Herbert (Nebula)
The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney (Costa/Whitbread)

2 comments:

Malagueta said...

On the Newberry: I remember reading Strawberry Girl (Lenski), From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E.
Frankweiler (Konigsburg) and Summer of the Swans (Byars) back in the day and liking both. L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time is truly a classic, too.

joanna said...

Thanks - I actually have A Wrinkle in Time but didn't realise it had one a Newberry Medal - that'll be my choice then!