Monday, June 9, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

I've been meaning to read The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares for a really long time - basically ever since I started watching the Gilmore Girls and finding out that Alexis Bleydel is in the movie. But I wanted to read the book first - now I have so I can get the dvd!

Anyway, I liked the way it's written. The characters were interesting and the storylines were good. The book's about four teenage girls who have always been friends and their first summer spent apart. They all go through very different experiences and they have to cope with things without their usual support system. Before they go off, they decide to keep in touch with the help of a pair of jeans - they pass the pants to each throughout the summer and it makes them feel like their friends are closer than they are. It's a pretty cool idea!

I really liked that they were all friends because their mothers met in some pregnancy class and stuck together because they were due around the same time. I thought that was a really nice touch and start to the story!

I also liked how there were no chapters but the book was divided by using sayings and quotes - I can't remember any at the moment, but many of them were really witty.

If you've read and reviewed this one, let me know in the comments ssection.

Challenges: A-Z Challenge, Chick Lit Challenge

And - this is my 100th post! I can't believe it! I've been lagging behind on my blogging lately because of various life things, but I got here so quickly anyway. Must be all those challenge posts! :-) A big thanks to all of you for making my blogging experience so great!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Joanna, I read this long before I started blogging (I just recently started that). I've read all of them-I think it's three in the series with these girls and they were all good. I think they're a light, refreshing read. I enjoyed the movie of the first novel too-it was good.

joanna said...

Hi Dar - I really want to watch the movie!