Friday, June 20, 2008

Novella Challenge Wrap-up

I thought this was a really good challenge because it got me to read some shorter books that I wouldn't have read otherwise. Meaning that participating in it also increased my total number of books read this year. Always a good thing! The challenge was to read at least 6 novellas between April and September. It was hosted by Trish.

I had many options listed in my original post, but I ended up with the following 6:

Animal Farm by George Orwell
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Gabriel's Gift by Hanif Kureishi

It's hard to choose a favorite - they were all really good in their own way... I guess my least favorite was The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and even that was very good!

Thanks Trish for encouraging us to include some of these excellent shorter books!

3 comments:

Lezlie said...

Wow! You got a bunch all finished up. Cool!

L.

joanna said...

Lots of little ones, but none of the big ones yet!

trish said...

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for participating. :)