Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Novella Challenge

Now here's a challenge that can help me reach my goal of 100 books this year - the Novella Challenge - you have to choose 6 novellas and read them between April and September. And luckily for me, it seems that ones already read this year can count if you want them to. I want them to. ;-)

A novella is meant to have between 100 and 250 pages - some ideas are available on the challenge blog, more are out there on the web, look around. I have already read three that qualify:

1. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
2. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
3. Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson

and I plan to read another three (probably more!) from the following list:

Animal Farm by George Orwell
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho
The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Gabriel's Gift by Hanif Kureishi

No comments: