Monday, May 5, 2008

April Round-up and Weekly Geeks #2

I'll start with this week's Weekly Geeks challenge, because I think the idea is really fantastic. Dewey got this week's idea from Darla at Books and Other Thoughts. When Darla reviews a book, she also includes links to other bloggers' reviews. The reasons for why this is so great are well-explained by Dewey here - and we are encouraged to try this idea. As a new blogger still making a lot of new contacts I think this is a brilliant way of being part of the greater book blogging community. I'm going to try this so if you see that I reviewed a book that you also reviewed, leave the link in the comments and I will add it to my original post. What do you think?

And my round-up for April - these are the books I read:

1. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume (C+)
2. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (A)
3. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (A)
4. The Xmas Factor by Annie Sanders (C+)
5. This Book Will Save Your Life by A.M. Homes (C)
6. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne (A)
7. The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (B+)
8. The Speckled People by Hugo Hamilton (B+)
9. Like Life by Lorrie Moore (D-)

Not too bad and I was lucky enough to have had a good amount of very good books last month!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Joanna! These are the links to my reviews for WG:

Fahrenheit 451
The Memory Keeper's Daughter

And I've also added your blog to my blogroll as well. :)

zetor said...

Hello Joanna, here's my review for 'The Thirteenth Tale'.
http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/book-review.html

Kristi said...

Hi Joanna. We have Undead and Unwed in common. Here's a link to my review. I've linked yours, too.

Undead and Unwed

~Kristi (Passion for the Page)