Friday, December 17, 2010

Challenge: 2011 TBR Challenge



I need this challenge - I have sooo many books that have been sitting on my shelves for years and years. At least if I put some of them on a list I remember that I have them. :-)

The TBR challenge is hosted by Adam, a.k.a. The Roofbeam Reader, and requires participants to read 12 books that have been on their shelves for over a year. A list is required and is considered final on January 1, 2011, when the challenge starts. It lasts all year.

I just walked around the house and looked at my bookshelves and selected the books below. Maybe they'll be lucky and will finally get read!

Completed: 0/12 as of January 1, 2011


  1. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
  2. The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer
  3. The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
  4. Hunting Unicorns by Bella Pollen
  5. The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble
  6. A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton
  7. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg
  8. Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
  9. Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
  10. The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
  11. Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters
  12. Making History by Stephen Fry
Two alternates:
  1. House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
  2. Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore

8 comments:

Alex (The Sleepless Reader) said...

Let me know when you're starting The Vanishing Act because it's also on my TBR.

Roof Beam Reader said...

Thanks for taking the challenge with me! The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud is one of my favorites - I hope you enjoy it! I don't know many of the books on your list, so I look forward to your reviews!

Erin said...

Great choices! I'm doing the TBR Dare instead, since it only requires you to read from your TBR shelves for three months. I couldn't do a set list like the TBR Challenge requires! I can limit myself on types (or sources) of books, but it's really hard for me to limit myself to specific books. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

I need to take on a challenge, this year it was to read 100 random books and I just finished number 155, so I met that one. Now what to read next year? What authors, genres, etc. I only have 16 on my TBR list right now.

joanna said...

Alex - OK, I will!

Adam - I've heard lots of good things about that one, I suspect I'll really like it too!

Erin - how funny, your dare seems lots more constricting and therefore scary to me than this challenge does. Good luck to you too - the point is the same and I hope we both manage to read from our own stacks a bit more!

Lisa - challenges are great, go for it! :-)

Iliana said...

I should do this as I easily have a lot of shelf sitters that have been there for years!

So how many challenges are you participating in next year? :)

Have fun and hope you enjoy all of your books!

joanna said...

Iliana - I always think this one is good to strive for, if I read even one book off this list it'll be good! Lots of challenges next year, I didn't join many this year and missed my lists!

Anonymous said...

Just checking-in on your progress for the 2011 TBR Pile Challenge - how are things going so far?! Don't forget to link your reviews to your master list. :)

Also... BIG Giveaways are happening next week, and TBR Pile Challenge participants earn extra entries for linking to their lists, so be sure to visit my Giveaways section soon! ;)