Monday, February 25, 2008

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret

I am so glad that I read Judy Blume's Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret again - I loved it when I was about 10 or 11 and I can still see why. That has to be a good sign. I have to admit that I went back to it because of the blogging world - I felt kind of silly ordering early-teen literature, but I see now that there are others who are drawn to it! Yea, I'm not crazy! :-)

The story is about 12-year-old Margaret and her life as she tries to come to terms with moving to a new house, her new school, making new friends, plus all the problems of being a 12-year-old girl. It made for a very enjoyable couple of hours.

I'm happy to have read it at this point in my life, when I'm thinking about having kids, it reminded me of what things look like in a kid's head...

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret gets 4 stars - I'll definitely be re-reading the Judy Blume books I grew up on - plus reading the ones I missed too!

No comments: