Friday, October 31, 2008

RIP III Challenge completed!

This year's scary Halloween challenge, completed on Halloween itself! Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings hosts this one each year - I already can't wait till next year, I got so many good ideas from what everyone else has been reading these past few weeks! I read:

The Vanishing by Tim Krabbe
The River King by Alice Hoffman

I liked both of them, although they were quite different. The Vanishing was creepy and The River King was haunting (it had a ghost or two, which is why I think it qualified for this challenge!).

Next year I'd like to read something truly scary though... Maybe some horror even, although I'm not usually a fan of blood and gore. We'll see!

Thanks Carl, for the idea and for hosting!

1 comment:

Ana S. said...

Congrats on finishing, Joanna!

I'm also a bigger fan or eerie or atmospheric books than of downright horror.