Friday, October 24, 2008

Challenges completed: 10 out of 100 out of 1001 and the 1% Well-Read Challenge

When these two challenges were announced I was so happy that something would help me get through that 1001 list with some kind of structure. I now finished both and enjoyed all my choices immensely - for once my original lists didn't really change, so you can see what I read in my original post.

The 10 out of 100 out of 1001 challenge was hosted by Books of Mee and finishes on 31 October. It required me to read one book for every 10 in the first 100 - what I think is a fantastic way of getting through the list. We were allowed to skip a couple of books as well, which helped! I really, really hope that this one will be organised again!

The 1% Well-Read challenge is hosted by Michelle of 1morechapter - it requires 10 books in 10 months and finished on 28 February 2009. Wow, I'm finished really early with this one. But only because the challenges overlapped... I hope this one continues too!

Of the books I read for these two challenges, my favorites were The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami, and The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. My least favorite was Amsterdam by Ian McEwan.

Thanks to Books of Mee and to Michelle for hosting these - I had a great time!

6 comments:

mee said...

Congrats on finishing! I'm struggling for the finish line myself ;)

~mee
www.meexia.com/bookie

Lezlie said...

This is one my my challenges that seems to have been lost by the roadside this year. I need to do better planning in 2009!

Good job!

Lezlie

joanna said...

Thanks mee! :-)

Lezlie - I'm sure you've read tons of that list this year though!!

Lezlie said...

Actually not. I meant to read 50, and I think my current count is something like 14. Oops!

Lezlie

Ana S. said...

Congrats on completing the challenges! I'm glad you had fun with them. I loved The God of Small Things and Kafka on the Shore too, and I look forward to reading The Blind Assassin soon!

joanna said...

Thanks Nymeth!