Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Queen of Babble

My original Q title for the A-Z Challenge was Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz - a heavy Polish classic. I happily changed it for Meg Cabot's Queen of Babble - a light chicklit novel about Lizzie, a girl who talks too much, thinks too much and is just that little bit too impulsive for her own good. Hopefully I'll find the courage for Quo Vadis next year...

I was worried that I wouldn't learn to like Lizzie. At the beginning, I found her superficial and silly. But I soon learned that there was more to her than that and I started to really like her. In fact, I see a bit of myself in her - especially in her desperation to believe in love and men. That got her heart, but to be fair it also brought her to a man that was right for her, which proves to me my own theory and it's not always bad to be trusting. ;-)

I think many of people would enjoy spending a few hours with Lizzie. I myself am already looking forward to what she gets up to in the next book.

Challenges: A-Z Challenge, Genre Challenge, Unread Authors

No comments: