Wednesday, November 5, 2008

342,745 Ways to Herd Cats - done!


I simply could not resist Renee's 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats challenge both because of its fantastic name and because of the list-making fun that was a part of it. The challenge required us at recommend our favorite books (I still consult the master list) and to read three books recommended by others.

My original post with my recommendations can be found here. Here are the books I read for this challenge:

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (recommended by Kristen)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (recommended by Michelle, Teddy Rose, Stephanie and many others)
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (recommended by Michelle, Clare, Stephanie and many others)

Needless to say, I loved all of these. And also needless to say that I will be reading off the master list of recommendations for a while yet...

Thanks, Renee, for the fabulous initiative!

3 comments:

kristen said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed The Blind Assassin!! I just read The Book Thief last week and really enjoyed it, too... Congrats on finishing the challenge!

1morechapter said...

To Kill a Mockingbird and The Book Thief were two of my absolute favorites from last year. Glad you enjoyed them!

joanna said...

kristen - thanks! Yes, The Book Thief was fantastic. I just love original books!

Michelle - I'll be looking out for your favorites this year then! :-)