Friday, February 6, 2009

Blog Improvement Project: Blog Post Bingo

I wanted to joint this when I saw it announced late last year but forgot about it in the challenge-frenzy that followed in my head. But I'm doing it now, joining in on the 3rd project.

The Blog Improvement Project is the brainchild of Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness. It is a year-long challenge with twice-monthly activities that are meant to improve your blog. After a year of blogging, I feel that my blog needs some sprucing up, so I'll try to participate in some of these activities.

The 3rd project of the year, Blog Post Bingo, requires that we vary our posting style. I need this desperately, as most of my entries are simple review posts. Kim has listed 10 different kinds of post and wants us to use some of these ideas by Saturday, 14 February.
  1. A Link Post - share a series of links your readers might find interesting
  2. A Short Post - less than 200 words
  3. A List Post - simple as it sounds, a list of some sort
  4. An Opinion Post - take an event, news, or another blog post and share your opinion on it
  5. A Poll or Question Post - post a poll or ask your readers a specific question for feedback
  6. A How-To Post - You’re an expert in something; big or small, share how to do it
  7. A Long Post - more than 700 words
  8. A Review Post - self-explanatory, I think :)
  9. A Definition Post - show your expertise about a topic related to your blog
  10. FREE SPACE - a type of post of your choice (that is not the same as one of the previous posts)
So here I go - I'll post a wrap-up on 14 February. :-)

No comments: