Monday, February 2, 2009

One Book Meme

I saw this at Iliana's and thought it sounded fun!

One book you're currently reading: Out by Natsuo Kirino
One book that changed your life: The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (hmm, must re-read that soon!)
One book you'd want on a deserted island: an anthology of literature of some sort...
One book you've read more than once: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
One book you've never been able to finish: Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
One book that made you laugh: The Secret Dreamlife of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
One book that made you cry: The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
One book you keep re-reading: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
One book you've been meaning to read: The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama
One book you believe everyone should read: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Finally,
Grab the nearest book. Open it to page 56. Find the fifth sentence…

"She shook her head and the naked woman in the mirror shook hers as well." - from Out by Natsuo Kirino

Let me know if you play along, I wouldn't want to miss your answers!

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Time Traveler's Wife made me SOB!! I've definitely got Cloud Atlas on the list.

joanna said...

Not everyone likes Cloud Atlas as much as I thought it was really good. And clever - such a commentary on how the world has evolved and where it is heading!

Iliana said...

Oh yes, Time Traveler's Wife also made me cry. I loved that book.

Hope you'll enjoy The Art of Happiness when you get to it!

joanna said...

I'm sure I will Iliana!