Sunday, June 21, 2009

Once Upon a Time III Challenge completed


Happy Midsummer! :-) And another edition of Carl's Once Upon a Time challenge has finished. I did better than I did last year and even managed to read Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, which bumps me up from Quest the First to Quest the Third status. Yay!

Here's what I read (see here for what I planned to read)

Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Sleeping Beauty and Other Stories
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Ombria in Shadow by Patricia McKillip

Plus: A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

All fantasy and fairy tales... none of these books thrilled me to the core or anything, but I did enjoy reading them... With a lot of fantasy, I find that I want to like it more than I do in the end. But I still want to explore more and am waiting for next year's challenge!

Thanks Carl for hosting, this was fun!

2 comments:

Lezlie said...

Another one down! Congratulations!!

Lezlie

joanna said...

Thanks Lezlie!