Monday, June 8, 2009

Southern Reading Challenge


"It's that time of year!", says Maggie from Maggie Reads. That time is the start of the Southern Reading Challenge, which I absolutely loved participating in last year and so can't possibly miss out on this year.

Maggie's challenge runs from May 15 to August 15 and requires us to read 3 books that have something to do with the Southern US. For details check out the challenge post.

I think my list of possibles is a bit long, but so what! :-)

Completed: 2/3 as of 29 July 2009

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
Murder on a Bad Hair Day by Anne George

4 comments:

Thoughts of Joy said...

Oh Joanna, you have some good reading ahead of you! I really loved or enjoyed The Help, Secret Life of Bees, Gods in Alabama and Murder on a Bad Hair Day. I have Garden Spells on my TBR Shelf, but don't think I'll be getting to it anytime soon. I'll be keeping a lookout for your reviews. :)

Lezlie said...

Great stuff to pick from! It's been a long time, but I remember Murder on a Bad Hair Day being really cute.

Lezlie

Iliana said...

I'm planning to read Garden Spells and Gods in Alabama but just haven't gotten started yet!

Oh and if you want a hilarious book, read Confederacy of Dunces.

Glad to see you joining in the challenge too!

Kailana said...

Good luck with the challenge! I really should join this one some year, but I haven't yet!