Friday, June 26, 2009

A quick update

I've slowed down with my reading in the past weeks - I'm just so tired that I fall asleep very early in the evenings and somehow a lot of my reading time has disappeared. But I wanted to tell you that I'm still here and I'm reading your blogs, even if I don't have the energy to do much else.

I hope that I'll be able to tell you about something book-related soon. I have one hour left on the audio version of Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely (which I'm really enjoying) and I'm abaout halfway through reading Meg Rossoff's How I Live now (which isn't exactly what I expected, I'm finding it a very strange book).

I also started reading Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo via DailyLit, but that's going to take me a while to get through!

I hope you're all well and enjoying the summer!

8 comments:

Lezlie said...

If only we didn't have to sleep. And that work thing gets in the way, too. Ah, well. What's a girl to do? :-) I hope everything else is wonderful for you!

Lezlie

joanna said...

Yeah, the work thing totally gets in the way! I hate my job at the moment actually, which doesn't help energy levels... Hopefully something else will pop up soon! :-)

Iliana said...

I know I've been feeling very sluggish lately but in my case it's the weather... Our temps have been in the 100s all week. Really I just can't be bothered to do much with that kind of heat.

Anyway, take care of yourself and rest up!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so tired! I've really slowed down this month due to work and time constraits, so I completely understand. Hope all is well with you, Joanna!

Anonymous said...

I loved The Count of Monte Cristo! Sometimes, you just can't beat the quality of a classic. Most times, actually.

Kailana said...

I enjoyed both Wicked Lovely and how I live now. I hope you do, too!

Thoughts of Joy said...

Getting those zzzzzz is very important, so take care of yourself and come back when you can. :)

I have How I Live Now on my TBR Shelf, so I'm curious as to your thoughts.

joanna said...

Wow, I feel so loved! :-)

Iliana - yeah the weather doesn't help either, you're right!

Trish - work really gets in the way of fun stuff, doesn't it? :-)

dolcebellezza - I loved it as a kid and I'm sure I'll love it now too.

Kailana - they're looking good so far!

Joy - as I get older I appreciate zzzzzzz's a lot more!!