Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two more challenges down!


I'm on a roll! :-) I can add two more challenges to my finished list: the Childhood Favorites Challenge and the YA Challenge.

The Childhood Favorites Challenge was hosted by Lynda from Lynda's Book Blog.

Here's what I read:
in Polish: Brzechwa Dzieciom by Jan Brzechwa
in Polish: Szosta Klepka by Malgorzata Musierowicz
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Sleeping Beauty and Other Stories

I enjoyed all of them, but that's no big surprise considering they are favorites from when I was younger! :-) Many thanks to Lynda for hosting, I enjoyed this!

________________________________________________

The Young Adult Challenge was hosted by J. Kaye. It's actually running till the end of the year, so I'm really early, but it seems that YA is my preferred genre this year, probably because I need something light to offset the real life stuff that's been going on.

Anyway, here's what I read:
Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Messenger by Lois Lowry
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Vegan, Virgin, Valentine by Carolyn Mackler

So many of these were good! If I had to choose, I'd say that Twilight, Life as We Knew It and The Outsiders were my favorites - but all the others were great too!

Thanks J.Kaye, this was great! :-)

9 comments:

Lezlie said...

You're cruising!! You may finish all those challenges after all. Nice!

Lezlie

joanna said...

Not a chance Lezlie, but at least I'm sure to get a few! :-)

Kailana said...

Congrats on finishing them! Good luck with the rest!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the challenges you have completed recently! I hope to finish some more soon myself.

joanna said...

Kailana - thanks!

Kris - I'm sure you will! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Don't forget to link your completed list to the completed list page.

Well done!

Iliana said...

Go you! Congrats on finishing your challenges. And, glad to hear you enjoyed Twilight. Now you have to watch the film :)

1morechapter said...

Congrats on finishing the challenges.

I sooooo love Lois Lowry!

joanna said...

J.Kaye - I'm off to find it right now!

Iliana - I actually saw the film before I read the book, I thought it was awesome.

3M - Lois Lowry rocks! :-)