Monday, June 22, 2009

Anne of Avonlea

Ah, what can I say about the lovely Anne with an 'e'? I loved the Anne books when I was a child and am re-reading the whole series now - it's still just as good!

In the second book, Anne of Avonlea, we get more of life in Green Gables and its surroundings, this time with the addition of Davy and Dora, twins who are now under Marilla and Anne's care. Anne has started teaching and is trying out her methods, with mixed success. By the end of the book she's quite the young woman and off to college - can't wait to start the next one now.

I love Anne. There is no limit to how many times I can say that on this blog. She's a beautiful character and the books are simply magical. Oh and the films made by Canadian tv are amazing too. If you still haven't discovered this series, it's time! :-)

Challenges: 999 Challenge, Centuries Challenge, Childhood Favorites

4 comments:

Tasha said...

I really must read these.

joanna said...

Oh you MUST!!! Now! :-)

serendipity_viv said...

I love Anne too! I think these books are fab.

joanna said...

Scrap girl - they sure are!!