Friday, December 19, 2008

2009 Themed Reading Challenge


Caribousmom is hostng the 2009 Themed Reading Challenge, for which we have to read between 4 and 6 books from our TBR stacks, all with the same theme. Ever since I started blogging, my TBR stacks have exploded so I didn't have much trouble putting a list of possibles together - I actually already own all my possible books.

My theme is 'Books with proper names in the title'. The challenge runs from 1 February to 31 July 2009.

Completed: ALL 4/4 as of 19 May 2009 (my wrap-up post is here)

The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
Getting rid of Matthew by Jane Fallon
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Karlson on the Roof by Astrid Lindgren
Ludmilla's Broken English by DBC Pierre
Mourning Ruby by Helen Dunmore
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee by Rebecca Miller
The Testament of Gideon Mack by James Robertson
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Terrific theme, Joanna! Welcome to the challenge :)

joanna said...

Thanks Wendy, I'm looking forward to it!