Sunday, December 21, 2008

War Through the Generations


Anna and Serena are hosting this challenge, which focusses on WWII in 2009. The challenge is to read 5 books in 2009. For the rules, check out the challenge post.

Here is a list of possibilities:

Completed: ALL 5/5 as of 22 October 2009 (visit my wrap-up post)

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
Maus I
Maus II
Night by Elie Wiesel
The Plot Against America by Philip Roth
Schindler's Ark by Thomas Keneally
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

4 comments:

Serena said...

Joanna: Welcome and good luck in 2009. I can't wait to get started.

Anna said...

Thanks for signing up for our challenge. Glad to have you on board!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

joanna said...

Thanks Anna and Serena, I'm really looking forward to all my books!

beachreader said...

Hi, I was looking at your list (getting additional ideas for mine) and saw that it includes Devil's Arithmetic. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm the librarian at an elementary school and am always looking for the right kids to whom to recommend it.

--Cheryl