Saturday, December 20, 2008

Secret Santa


I opened my gift a while ago, but simpy couldn't find time to blog about it! Now that I'm in Poland for Christmas, it seemed like a good time to do it, finally. Unfortunately, I don't have my present with me and i forgot to take a photo... but I'm sure many of you know what it looks like anyway!

So... many thanks to Francesca for a copy of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere! She's right, I do like Gaiman a lot and fortunately for her I haven't had the chance to explore all of his work. Neverwhere is totally and completely new to me, I don't even know what the story is about. Thanks Francesca, it's a fantastic gift! :-)

I loved participating in this year's event, organised by Nymeth and Dewey. I didn't have a chance in the Weekly Geeks dedicated to Dewey, so I think that this is a good time and place to say what I would have said there. Dewey was a pillar of the book blogging community and I know that we owe a lot to her dedication. It's events like this one and the Read-a-thon and Weekly Geeks that make a community out of people who are scattered all over the world. She will always be remembered.

A giant thanks also goes to Nymeth for all her organisation, energy and enthusiasm - you're amazing! :-) As my first year of blogging draws to a close, I think about this community a lot and feel very lucky to have found it. It really is something special.

Hope you all enjoyed your Secret Santa and other gifts! :-)

5 comments:

Ana S. said...

I adore Neverwhere :) I hope you enjoy it too, Joanna.

And yes...Dewey will always be remembered. Losing someone or something has a way of reminding us to value what we have. I'm also very, very grateful to have found this community.

Kailana said...

Howdy! You have a Christmas Spirit Award waiting for you at my blog...

joanna said...

I'm sure I will, Nymeth. :-)

And thanks Kailana, that's great!

Scribacchina said...

I'm so happy and relieved you received it! For some reason it's still marked as "not delivered" by the shipping agency, so I was beginning to worry.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Merry Christmas and have a nice time with your family!

joanna said...

Thanks Francesca! Best wishes to you too!