Sunday, December 21, 2008

Centuries Challenge


Becky is hosting the Centuries Challenge, which runs from 1 January to 31 December 2009 and requires us to read 4 to 6 books from 4 different centuries. Thankfully, they don't need to be consecutive! For more information and for literature timelines, visit Becky's challenge post.

I'm listing some ideas of books I'd like to read - possibles only, no final choices at this point.

Completed: ALL 4/4 as of 22 June 2009

Book of the Dead (c. 1580 B.C.E. - Egypt)
Aesop's Fables by Aesop (c. 550 B.C.E. - Greece)
something by Homer
something by Sophocles
something by Euripedes
The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shibiku
Beowulf
The Divine Comedy by Dante (1310 - Italy)
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (16th century)
Sleeping Beauty and Other Stories (17th century)
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery (20th century)

2 comments:

Ana S. said...

You are definitely even more obsessed with challenges than I am :P

joanna said...

I'm terrible. And since it looks like I'll finish all of mine for this year, I see no reason not to sign up for everything going for 2009. I sure love making those lists! :-)