Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Numbers Challenge


Callista is hosting the Numbers Challenge again - yay! The 2009 version runs from 1 January to 1 August and requires 5 books that have a number in the title - 2 of which do not overlap with any other challenge. I think that list bit will be the toughest challenge of all!

I'm not doing final lists in 2009, only long lists of possibilities that I may or may not add to as the year progresses. :-)

Completed: 3/5 as of 28 May2009

Code to Zero by Ken Follett
Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The Power of Three by Laura Lippman
Two Caravans by Maryna Levycka
A Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde (read only for this challenge)

6 comments:

Lezlie said...

This one looks like fun! I may join you!

Lezlie

joanna said...

Please do! ;-)

Ana S. said...

Great choices! I really loved both 1984 and Slaughterhouse 5.

joanna said...

Hi Nymeth - it's embarassing how long those two have been on my list!

Penelope said...

Seems interesting...I'll have to find a couple of books that I could read for this one before I sign up!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for joining my Numbers Challenge. If you want to be a member of the challenge blog, I need your email addy, otherwise when you write a review of a book, come back to the blog and leave a link to your review in the comments of the appropriate post. Thanks.