Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lost in Translation Reading Challenge

Frances of NonSuch Book is hosting the Lost in Translation challenge - a year long challenge to read at least 6 books in translation. Visit the challenge post for more info.

I have so many of these on my list that I think I'll be able to make it no problem! My possible books are listed below.

Completed: ALL 6/6 as of 28 February 2009 (view my wrap-up post here)

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson (Swedish)
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke (German)
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (Russian)
The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shibiku (Japanese)
Out by Natsuo Kirino (translated from the Japanese by Stephen Snyder)
Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel (Spanish)
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Spanish)
The Witch of Portobello by Paolo Coelho (translated from the Portuguese by Margaret Jull Costa)
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (translated from the French by Mattias Ripa and Blake Ferris)
Karlson on the Roof by Astrid Lindgren (translated from Swedish)
Aesop's Fables by Aesop (translated from the Greek)
Night by Elie Wiesel (translated from the French by Stella Rodway)

1 comment:

mee said...

Wow that's very quick. And I just started... :O

~Mee