Booknut is hosting the Well Seasoned Reader Challenge. The idea is really fun - you have to read at least three books, which must:
- have a food name in the title, OR
- be about cooking/eating, OR
- have a place name in the title, OR
- be about one (or more) person's travel experience, OR
- be about a specific culture, OR
- be by an author whose ethnicity is other than your own
My potential books are listed below.
Completed: ALL 3/3 as of 20 Feburary 2009 (view my wrap-up post here)
Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
Salem Falls by Jodie Picoult
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
The Good Women of China by Xinran
Out by Natsuo Kirino
Welcome, welcome! Of COURSE you can join up. I didn't know there was a whole book on salt... could be interesting. And I enjoyed Persepolis; you might want to read it's companion, too: Persepolis 2. Anyway... I'm looking forward to reading what everyone thinks of their books!
Post a Comment