Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Science Book Challenge 2009

Jeff at Bearcastle Blog is hosting the Science Book Challenge - it runs from 1 January to 31 December 2009 and requires participants to read three science books related somehow to the theme "Nature's Wonders" - they should have something to do with science, scientists, how science operates, or science's relationship with its surrounding culture. In my quest to read more non-fiction (and also because I love science) I decided to sign up.

Visit the challenge post for sign-ups and more info.

I'm listing possibilities only, nothing final, since there will always be new books that catch my eye!

Completed: 0/3 as of 1 January 2009

The Story of God by Robert Winston
The Force by Lynne McTaggart
God and the New Physics by Paul Davies
Elephants on Acid and Other Bizarre Experiments by Alex Boese
Your Inner Fish: The Amazing Discovery of Our 375-Million-Year-Old Ancestor by Neil Shubin
What the Bleep do we Know? by William Arntz and Betsy Chasse
The Quirks & Quarks Guide to Space : 42 Questions (and Answers) about Life, the Universe, and Everything by Jim Lebans

7 comments:

Lezlie said...

I'm a little afraid of this one. I did the Dewey Decimal System one instead. Good luck! I like your list!

Lezlie

Eva said...

Hi! You expressed interest in my World Citizenship Challenge, so I just wanted to let you know the World Citizen blog is up and running. :)

joanna said...

Lezlie - I love science books and I buy them like crazy... I thought that reading 3 of them should be ok!

Eva - thanks, I'll go have a look now!

Ana S. said...

This is the challenge I haven't joined that is tempting me the most. I'll probably end up giving in at some point :P

joanna said...

Oh go on Nymeth! :-)

jns said...

Joanna, thanks for joining the challenge--I know you're going to enjoy it. You reading list looks fascinating. A few of the authors are familiar to me and I can't wait to hear about the others. I finally got your name added to the official challengers' page.

Now we just have to work on Nymeth!

joanna said...

jns - ha ha :-) I certainly hope we can rope her in!