Monday, December 15, 2008

2009 Suspense & Thriller Reading Challenge


I've been wanting to read more in this genre, so I absolutely have to sign up for this. Then again, I seem to think that I absolutely have to sign up for everything. :-)

The 2009 Suspense & Thriller Reading Challenge is hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog and requires us to read 12 different sub-genres of thrillers. The subgenres are listed on the challenge site.

I'm not doing final lists in 2009, only long lists of possibilities that I may or may not add to as the year progresses. :-)

Completed: ALL 12/12 as of 11 October 2009 (visit my wrap-up post)

Murder on a Bad Hair Day by Anne George
Code to Zero by Ken Follett
Out by Natsuo Kirino
Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels
Pawing through the past by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown
A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
The Vanishing of Katharina Linden by Helen Grant
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are joining in this one as well! Before I started blogging, this was about all I read. I've broaden my list, but this remains a favorite.

Ruth said...

Long lists of possibilities are always good. There are so many great books out there I've always had trouble narrowing it down. If you're looking for a good hard-boiled thriller for the challenge, check out Threshold by Bonnie Kozek. I'm reading it now, and it's one that really hooks you and makes it hard to put down.