Wednesday, December 10, 2008

1st in a Series Challenge


J. Kaye from J.Kaye's Book Blog is taking over several challenges that were hosted by Joy in 2008. I for one am very thankful that this is the case - Joy hosted so many cool ones and it would be very sad to lose them! So thanks to Joy for hosting them till now and thanks to J.Kaye for hosting them in 2009!

One of these is the 1st in a series challenge. I was too late to sign up for this in 2008 so I'm doubly happy to be able to do it in 2009. The idea is to read 12 books between 1 January and 31 December 2009. I'm not sure that starting 12 new series is the best idea for a book addict like me, but it sounds like so much fun and I haven't read many series until now, so it's really branching out so it's good for me... :-)

I'm not doing final lists in 2009, only long lists of possibilities that I may or may not add to as the year progresses. :-) I'd like to read more mystery/crime series and need recommendations - any out there?

Completed: ALL 12/12 as of 31 October 2009

A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
Karlson on the Roof by Astrid Lindgren
Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M. Martin
Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Long Way Home by Joss Whedon
Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
Pagan's Crusade by Catherine Jinks
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Seek the Fair Land by Walter Macken
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have your list! Good for you. I wish I was as organized. :)

joanna said...

I REALLY love lists. :-)

Lezlie said...

I'm only skipping this challenge because once I read the first one, I want to keep going! I think reading the first of 12 different series would make my head explode. :-)

Lezlie

joanna said...

Well, some of the series are short series... and they're all books that have been on my list forever anyway!

Iliana said...

I've been doing this challenge and it's so much fun. Although a warning, I've now found a bunch of new series I like and will probably be hooked on :)

Have fun!

joanna said...

Hi Iliana - i'm cool with that, I don't read series normally and I think I'm missing out! We'll just have to do a second in a series challenge afterwards. ;-)